Employees have the option of taking home their desktop computers for the duration of the COVID-19 crisis*. If you would like to do so, please make sure you have the following at home to make sure the computer will function:
- Power. You will need at least 2 power receptacles.
- An internet connection.
- Wifi (optional, for Macs)
- An ethernet cable (for PCs) and an available port on your modem or router. Our desktop PCs do not have wifi built-in. CTS may have an ethernet cable for you to borrow.
Preparing your computer:
- If you will need access to Helios3, install and test Global Protect VPN. (Instructions)
- Shut down your computer.
- Disconnect all cables from the computer and the monitor. (If you have an iMac, your monitor is your computer.)
- Collect the cables, keyboard, mouse and computer in a box or bag. (If your computer is older/larger, plan to carry it separately.)
- Consider having a blanket in which to wrap the monitor.
- Transport everything to your home and re-assemble.
Given the variety of home internet providers and options, CTS will not be able to assist you with Internet connectivity issues. You should contact your Internet Service Provider if you have trouble getting the computer online.
CTS staff will not come to your home to set up your computer.
*All desktop computing equipment is to be returned to its original location on campus at the end of the current crisis or as directed by campus administration and/or CTS.