Many broadband providers – including Spectrum and Comcast – are providing 60 days of free service to eligible households. Please contact customer service of your local provider for more information.
Many public WIFI hotspots can be accessed from being in close proximity to a building (parking lot), even if they are closed for business to the public.
- Comcast has opened its Xfinity Wi-Fi hotspots to the public: Map of Locations
- Spectrum has opened its wireless hotspots to the public: Map of Locations
- SLIC Networks has opened its Wi-Fi hotspots to the public: Map of Locations
- NYS Thruway Authority offers free Wi-Fi in all 27 service areas.
- NYC parks provide free Wi-Fi in some areas. Map of Locations
- LinkNYC provides free Wi-Fi at kiosks throughout the city. Map of Locations
- Listing of all open Wi-Fi hotspots available in NYC is here.