SUNY Potsdam is pleased to announce that we have partnered with Apogee, a national Resnet provider with an exceptional track record, to enhance your residential experience. The Apogee team spent the summer deploying a new high-speed wireless network in every hall, providing complete coverage and eliminating the need for cable modems. Here is a brief overview of what you can expect when you arrive on campus:
- Full 802.11AC wireless coverage in all residence halls (no more cable modems!)
- Each student can connect 5 personal devices (mobile phone, tablets, computers, smart TVs, etc.)
- Each student will have dedicated bandwidth of 14Mbps per device!
- Wired ports in most rooms, if you wish to utilize a CAT5 ethernet cable to connect your device.
- Apogee will provide a wireless dongle for devices without wireless capabilities.
- 24×7 Call Center for questions and assistance.
- An on-campus Apogee Technician to provide assistance.
Apogee and Potsdam staff have strived to make this an easy transition for all resident student. You only need to bring your devices with you when you return; no need to purchase cable modems or other equipment.
Because the use of non-campus routers can interfere with the improved Apogee wireless system, students will not be allowed to use their own personal routers.
Instructions for creating an account and connecting to the network are provided on a hanger on every residence hall door and Apogee staff will be available during move-in to assist.
Safe travels to all returning students, and welcome back for Fall 2015!
Potsdam CTS and ResLife